Sunday, October 3, 2021

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Well, it is for me, anyway.

The Criterion Challenge may be a new idea for this year, but I still wanted to continue my custom of the past few years, dedicating October to a seasonally appropriate franchise.

Within the confines of the Criterion Collection, that limits the options.

Limits, but does not exclude.

In truth, this was something I had started this project fully intending to build to - the Godzilla Showa collection. Fifteen entries for Toho's king of the kaiju.


To anyone who's reading this and thinking "Two to three entries a month and now fifteen? You're insane!"

Well, you're right.

I'm not going to run these all this month. This is the rest of the year.

That's right, folks. I hope you weren't pinning hopes on a holiday theme, cause it's kaiju all the way down from here through December!

(Maybe next year. I've had fun with this.)

So, the big press begins, starting with Ishiro Honda's 1954 classic here real soon.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment